Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Conserve, Reuse, Recycle

In the sentence: "Reuse provides maximum function for given material and energy input. Quite simply, use what you have until it can no longer function. the it's time to recycle."  it gave the whole point of this article.
I like how Samreu kept certain information from the reader. I felt like it worked very well because it kept my attention and made me keep reading. I believe the intent of the essay was to get us to go green. It was not to get us to simply give our bodies to science, but to help the world in whatever way we can.  By talking about the common topic of recycling people will be willing to read the rest of the article. Going green is a very popular interest these days and it a good thing so many people want to save the earth. Reuse, like Samreu says, is important so we don't take what we have for granted and waste things. He reuses his body mind and heart throughout his life. he doesn't just retire like most Americans he keeps using is body for new jobs/donations, he reuses his mind by thinking of new solutions and always working hard, and he reuses his heart by keeping up and never giving up his love for life. By telling us his different experiences it shows us different ways we can help out. This writing style was effective because he kept my interest and gave me topics I can relate to.

1 comment:

  1. I bet Kendra is really mad you bested her twinkling star graphic. Your last sentence states, "This writing style was effective because he kept my interest and gave me topics I can relate to." How did his style keep you interest? formal, informal, didactic?

    ReplyDelete