Sunday, February 6, 2011

Thank God for Speech

Last Friday was a rough day to get through. Using only illustration and charades to get my point across would never be my first choice. It was hard enough for me to keep my big mouth shut let alone have to be an artists and an actor too. At the end of the day I was trying to explain my idea for the yearbook and it was incredibly difficult to get my my teacher to understand what was on my mind using only charades and a whiteboard. This relates to the point that Postman makes when he says how we are dependant on the way we do things. We get so used to one thing that when we try and change it, we cant do it. Like when we went a whole day wihtout facebook, we are all so used to checing it so often so most of us struggled to keep away. While making funny gestures and drwaing terrible picutes, she never unserstood what I was trying to get across, though she did have asome interesting guesses. I had to wait till 2:30 and explain to her my plan with words. I thank God we all have speech to make our lives 100% easier and more clear.

6 comments:

  1. "Last Friday was a rough day to get through." That is pretty much the best description you can give that day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I felt the exact same when i tried to tell Miss Carson what i wanted to do with my page. I will never do that again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like how you learned from a personal expeirence. You discovered firsthand that the medium is the most crucial part of communicating a message.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This experience was very difficult to get through. i agree with you all the way marina especially trying to get across detailed information like you tried to in yearbook =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yearbook was fun to watch as you tried your hardest to get the point across. Well done though!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Talking makes communicating a lot easier, especially a lot easier that drawing and acting. No one seemed to ever understand what the other person was trying to get across.

    ReplyDelete